Trinity Academy in Koreatown, Los Angeles is looking to hire 2 positions.
- Afterschool teacher: M-F, 3-6pm working with middle schoolers on homework
- Private Tutoring position
- Heart for kids, ability to pass down knowledge, caring
If you have a car with valid license, you are eligible for more hours for the afterschool position because of pickup and drop-offs.
Please send your resume to firstname.lastname@example.org attention to Crystal Chong.
I am Program Manager for an education non-profit that runs programming over the summer. I am reaching out to education, social justice, and youth focused undergrad and graduate programs to blast our job positions for summer 2018. WiseReadersJob Descriptions (1) – See here for the job descriptions for our teacher and management jobs available.
Thank you and I look forward to hearing from you.
Women Writers Needed!
Volunteer to be a creative writing mentor to teen girls and join a growing network of women writers.
WriteGirl (www.writegirl.org) is a creative writing and mentoring organization that empowers underserved teen girls in Los Angeles through mentoring relationships with women writers, hosting large-scale writing workshops at such places as the Huntington Gardens and the Autry. Since 2001, WriteGirl has maintained a 100% success rate in guiding girls to not only graduate from high school but also enroll in college.
WriteGirl is seeking women writers in all genres including novelists, poets, journalists, songwriters, copywriters, legal writers, and more to help lead workshops and inspire girls to express their creative ideas. Weekly and monthly mentoring opportunities available.
WriteGirl is also seeking professional women to volunteer behind-the-scenes with events, public relations, fundraising, and partnerships. (Strong communication skills required.)
Women should apply by September 20th, 2017 at www.writegirl.org/join-us. For more information, sign up for our newsletter at http://bit.ly/2tK9WUr. For questions, contact WriteGirl at email@example.com or call 213-253-2655.
HELP TEEN GIRLS. GET INSPIRED. JOIN WRITEGIRL.
Substitute ESL Instructor / English Teacher
American English College – Monterey Park, CA
American English College (www.aec.edu) – Monterey Park campus is looking for Substitute ESL Instructors to join our team of educators. Substitutes are a valued addition at our school – welcoming you as part of our own faculty.
Class Schedule: Substitutes may be called to cover either or both sessions. You may be called in advanced or day-of for any unplanned instructor absences.
Weekdays (Morning Session: 9AM – 1PM) (Afternoon: 2PM – 4PM)
- Ability to conduct a student-centered classroom with clear objectives.
- Ability to interpret and successfully implement instructor-provided lesson plan.
- In cases of unforeseen or extended absences, the substitute may need to create lesson plans that meet the learning objectives of the class.
- Creates a classroom environment that is conducive to learning and appropriate to the maturity and interests of the students.
- Employ instructional methods and materials that are most appropriate for meeting the learning objectives.
- Have ESL teaching experience in an IEP setting.
- Have taught young adults to adults (16+) in an academic program
- Have taught various ESL levels (Beginning to Advanced)
- Have taught 75 minutes to 4-hour class blocks
- Monthly faculty training workshops that are extremely engaging and helpful to your professional development
- A wonderful work environment and culture for those that really have a passion for ESL and teaching international students
- Consideration for Instructor Position
How You’ll Know You’re the Right Fit:
- You are smart, creative, and fun.
- You have intuition, and perceptive about how you need to help your students and when.
- You are a good person, looking for an environment of other good people (that’s us).
- You want to join a community of people who are extremely supportive and here to help you grow (also us).
Salary: $17.00 /hour
How many years of esl classroom experience do you have?
Have you completed the following level of education: Bachelor’s?
Are you in Monterey Park, CA?
Submit Resumes to: firstname.lastname@example.org
California needs well-qualified language teachers in its classrooms to ensure that students gain the proficiency and confidence to use their Mandarin language skills in real-world situations. To address this growing need, The UCLA Mandarin Teacher Leadership Institute (MTLI) is providing Mandarin teachers with the tools they need to become master teachers of Chinese language and culture, and to serve as leaders in the K-12 Mandarin teaching community.
As a participant, you will learn fun, creative strategies for developing lesson plans that emphasize exclusive use of the target language while also fulfilling California’s Common Core language, culture, and content standards. You will also learn how to effectively incorporate authentic materials and technology into your classes.
- All applicants are required to complete an online application and send a copy of their resume to email@example.com by December 4, 2017.
- Admission to the program is by invitation only. Selection will be based on a number of factors including teaching experience, educational background, and professional references, online application content, as well as geographic distribution. A goal of our program is to produce a cohort of trained teacher-leaders who will be able to serve as language teaching mentors in diverse parts of our state.
The total cost of the program, including tuition, fees, and lunch, is $695.00. Scholarship support is available through the UCLA Confucius Institute. Teachers needing scholarship support should email: firstname.lastname@example.org. Those receiving scholarship support are expected to attend all class meetings.
December 9, 2017
January 20, 2018
February 10, 2018
March 17, 2018
April 14, 2018
1600 Campus Rd., Los Angeles, CA 90041
The Academic Study Center, located in West Los Angeles, is seeking energetic, patient and compassionate STEM instructors with expertise in the liberal arts to teach and provide one on one home tutoring. Candidates who can teach high school level STEM subjects including Algebra 1 and 2, Geometry, Trigonometry, Biology, Chemistry, Physics and advanced Calculus are ideal.
This position would provide 10-20 hours a week. Instructors are needed for independent study programs, after school and evening hours.
Minimum Requirements: Bachelor’s Degree from accredited 4-year university and reliable transportation. Starting pay depends on qualifications and experience but applicants can expect at least $25 per hour to start.
The center has been providing educational services on the west side of Los Angeles for over 50 years, and prides itself on upholding a collegial and supportive work environment and commitment to a belief that every student can learn and flourish. All interested applicants must send a cover letter and resume to Bod Brody at email@example.com.
Academic Study Center
12016 Wilshire Blvd. #6
LA, CA 90025
Did you know that Disney has English education centers all over China? If you want to teach English abroad and love Disney, this may be a great opportunity for you! Please check out Disney English jobs at the link: https://jobs.disneycareers.com/category/disney-english-jobs/1635/2469/1
If you are interested in teaching English in Taiwan or China, please check out these free job matching services and job boards below:
Taiwan job board：http://www.teachtaiwan.com.tw/
China job board：http://www.teachchina.com.cn/