Come Teach in the Heart of San Francisco
Thomas Edison Charter Academy (TECA) is an innovative school, focused on nurturing the intellectual, artistic, social, and emotional growth of each child. Our mission is to create lifelong learners and innovative problem-solvers. As an independent public TK-8th grade charter school bordering San Francisco’s Mission and Noe Valley neighborhoods, TECA serves a diverse population of students.
A few highlights from TECA are:
- Rigorous curriculum designed to help students prepare for the most challenging high schools and colleges
- Dedicated daily arts instruction to allow students to express their talents
- Credentialed and highly qualified teachersand intensive professional development to ensure teachers are supported and up to date on best practices
- A dual-language Spanish-English programin the elementary grades to help build bilingualism
- One to one Technologyin the classrooms to allow students to research, explore, and learn 21st century skills
TECA is looking for collaborative and professional teachers to join the school.
K – 5 Self Contained Teachers
Middle School Teachers (Math, Science, History, English)
CERTIFICATIONS & REQUIREMENTS:
- California Teaching Credential (Multiple Subject or Single Subject in the area of English Language Arts, Math, Science, or Social Studies)
- TB Test & Live Scan (completed upon hiring)
- Belief that all students can learn at the highest levels and that all students can be successful in college and careers
- Ability to work successfully with heterogeneous groups of students and an ethnically and economically diverse student body
- Ability to collect and analyze data in order to drive instruction
- Flexibility and adaptability to change; ability to collaborate and work in a dynamic, creative and demanding learning environment
- Dedicated to professional growth, including learning new and innovative teaching practices
Please email Program Director, Erin Sears, at email@example.com for an application or more information.