The USC Marshall Undergraduate Student Services Office provides co-curricular programming for students in the areas of career development, leadership development and international opportunities. The office serves an undergraduate population of approximately 3,900 business majors and 1,100 minors.
We are a fast-paced, hardworking office seeking a graduate assistant (work study preferred) to provide support for our many student affairs programs, with a specific focus on international programs and student organizations – and some emphasis on career development activities. We are looking for an applicant who is passionate about working with undergraduates, who works hard, who can handle changing responsibilities and, most importantly, who wants to learn and add value to an academic environment.
The primary job responsibilities include: administrative duties (i.e., front office coverage, data entry, etc.); event planning; database management; creating and updating marketing materials and training
presentations, e-newsletters, social media, web pages and career development materials; career advising; assisting staff with application reviews, student interviews and presentations; facilitating information sessions and workshops; attending our office events; and drafting study abroad proposals.
Job requirements include:
- The position can begin immediately in the Fall 2016 Semester.
- Highly proficient in MS Office Suite is required.
- Exceptional follow-through skills and great attention to detail.
- Ability to multi-task in a high-traffic office under minimal supervision.
- At least one year of corporate experience (full time or internship) is preferred.
- Graphic design and social media experience is preferred.
- We are looking for a commitment of 12-15 hours per week. Candidates must be able to work at least three (3) days per week during the school year.
- The compensation will be $13-15 per hour. Work study is preferred, but not mandatory.
Our signature programs include:
- 40+ Student Organizations
- 32 International Exchange Programs
- 14 Global Summer Internship Programs
- 14 week-long International Experiential Programs
- Marshall Career Source database (internship, job and event database)
- Career Advisement
- Career Advantage Program – Alumni Mentoring Program (300 students; 100 alums)
- Bi-annual Marshall Recruiter Receptions (350 students; 40-50 companies per event)
- Annual Marshall Career Conference
For more information contact Lauren Olson at firstname.lastname@example.org. Thank you and fight on!